Saturday, September 5, 2009

The past week and my familiar's impending doom

Well I survived the first day of Junior year... although I think I'm going to have to drop an elective because not having a lunch is so very painful. My schedule's pretty hectic too. Oh, I saw my, er- ex-friend in the hallways and she still hasn't figured out that I don't want to be friends with her anymore, but I think she'll get the picture soon. And, Gods be praised, I have NO CLASSES with her!! *throws hands up in the air ecstatically*

So I have a long weekend off and I plan to enjoy every second of it! Last night was a full moon, so I listened to a ton of lovely wiccan music, most by Lisa Theil, who is an amazing singer, by the way, and I sat outside and stared at the moon for a long time with my black cat, Blackjack. It was a great day and I feel really refreshed this morning!

On a sad note, though, my mother who is allergic to cats seems hell-bent on getting rid of my wonderful familiar, who is truly the nicest cat you could ever hope to meet, and it's been almost a year of her threats to do this... this time though, she found a place near us willing to "take him in." It's terrible! For the past year everyone she meets she immediately tries to bargain my cat off to them! Right in front of me too! And I've had my cat for five years already, and he is seriously like my little baby! I can't even imagine what will happen once he's gone. My mother already gave my other cat, Hiver, away to my uncle in Illinois this past summer. I'm just so angry at her... and I've tried everything I could think of to persuade her to keep him, but she just won't listen to anybody else's opinion, even though the rest of my family all wants Blackjack to stay. *exsasperated sigh* What is a witch without her cat? A very lonely one, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment